Crab Cakes with Spicy Mayo
Add panache to this popular appetizer with a spicy mayo accent.
- 454 g lump crabmeat, well drained
- ¾ cup cracker crumbs (i.e. Saltines)
- ½ cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons green onion, minced
- 2 tablespoon white onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Flour, for dusting
- 2 tablespoons each butter and olive oil
- Wafu® Spicy Mayonaizu® Japanese mayo
- In a large bowl, combine crabmeat, cracker crumbs, pepper, onions and parsley.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg, mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and pepper, to taste.
- Add wet ingredients to crabmeat and mix gently.
- Shape mixture into patties and dust with flour. Set aside on a plate.
- In a large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium. When oil is hot, fry crab cakes in batches until golden brown, about 4 minutes on each side.
- Serve immediately with spicy mayo for dipping.
PREP TIME: 20 minutes
COOKING TIME: 20 minutes