Egg and Asparagus Snacks
Have some fun making these innovative and delicious open-faced sandwiches.
- 1 bunch green asparagus spears
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 4 eggs
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 brown rolls
- Wafu® Wasabi Mayonaizu® Japanese mayo
- Fill the bottom half of a steamer set with water and bring to a boil.
- Trim the ends of the asparagus and gently peel the thicker bottom ends with a peeler.
- Place asparagus in steamer and let steam for about 5 minutes, or until asparagus is tender. Do not overcook.
- Remove asparagus and set aside.
- Cut rolls lengthwise, toast (optional) and place on plate, open face up.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet on medium heat. Add the oil and butter and swirl to coat the pan.
- Crack eggs directly into the pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook until whites are set.
- Spread the roll halves with mayo. Divide asparagus and place across rolls. Place fried egg on top.
- Serve immediately.
PREP TIME: 20 minutes
COOKING TIME: 10 minutes