Grilled Panini Mozzarella BLT
This delicious Summer sandwich adds the WOW factor to your BLT.
- 12 slices bacon
- 8 slices Italian bread
- 4 tablespoons Wafu® Wasabi Mayonaizu® Japanese mayo
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 4 large lettuce leaves
- 225 g fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Place bacon in a pan and cook until crispy. Drain on paper towels.
- Spread 4 slices of bread with wasabi mayo. Layer on tomatoes, lettuce, bacon and fresh mozzarella. Top with remaining bread slices.
- Lightly brush all sides of sandwiches with oil.
- Heat a sandwich or Panini press (follow manufacturer instructions) or use a non-stick grill pan over medium high heat.
- Place sandwiches on press and pull down top. Cook until slightly browned, approximately 3 minutes. (If using a grill pan, place a heavy pan on top of the Panini and cook. Turn sandwiches over once.)
- Serve immediately.
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
COOKING TIME: 10 minutes