Spicy Chicken Schnitzel and Bacon Baguette
What’s the secret to the hottest chicken Schnitzel sandwich in town? Spicy mayo!
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour, for dredging
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 4 chicken breasts, 1 cm thick
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 225 g bacon (approx. 12 slices)
- 1 baguette
- 1 cup lettuce
- 4 tablespoons Wafu® Spicy Mayonaizu® Japanese mayo
- In a shallow dish or dredging pan, whisk eggs. Fill a second shallow dish or dredging pan with flour and a third with the breadcrumbs.
- Wash and pat dry chicken breasts. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium.
- Coat chicken breast in flour, then dip in egg and dredge in breadcrumbs on both sides. Repeat with all chicken breasts.
- Increase heat to medium high. Add chicken to skillet and cook until golden brown, about 4-5 minutes. Turn chicken and cook until brown on other side.
- Remove chicken breasts from skillet, drain on paper towels and let cool.
- Place bacon in a separate frying pan and cook until crispy. Drain on paper towels.
- Cut baguette lengthwise. Cut into 4 even portions.
- Layer sandwiches with lettuce, bacon and chicken schnitzels. Top with spicy mayo.
- Gently press sandwich closed.
- Serve immediately.
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
COOKING TIME: 20 minutes