Wafu® Egg Salad Sandwich on Whole Wheat
A traditional egg salad sandwich with a sesame mayo twist.
- 8 eggs
- 1 celery stick, chopped
- ¼ cup chives, chopped
- 1 cup Wafu® Sesame Mayonaizu® Japanese mayo
- Freshly ground pepper
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- Place eggs in a saucepan and fill with cold water until eggs are covered. Bring to a boil for 12 minutes. Remove eggs and cool in refrigerator.
- Remove shells from eggs and finely chop.
- In a bowl, combine egg, celery and chives. Mix in sesame mayo gradually until desired consistency is reached.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toast bread (optional).
- Spread egg mixture evenly on 4 slices of bread.
- Top with remaining 4 slices of bread to make sandwiches.
- Serve immediately.
PREP TIME: 10 minutes (excludes cooling)
COOKING TIME: 12 minutes