These fresh zucchini fritters are easy to make and beyond delicious.
- 450 g zucchini
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon Wafu® Original Sesame Japanese Dressing
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Dill, for garnish
- Grate the zucchini into a medium bowl using the large holes of a grater.
- Add the salt and mix well. Let stand for 5 minutes. Lightly squeeze the zucchini mass and pour out any excess water.
- Add the pepper, eggs and Wafu® Original Sesame Japanese Dressing. Mix well to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour and baking powder.
- Slowly add the flour to the zucchini mixture, stirring so that lumps do not form.
- In a large pan, heat 2 tablespoons of oil over medium high heat. When the oil begins to sizzle, drop 2 tablespoons of the zucchini mixture into the pan one at a time. Make sure that the fritters are a few centimetres apart in the pan, as they will spread.
- Cook the fritters for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Lower the heat and flip the fritters and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove fritters and transfer to a paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- Repeat for next batch until batter is finished, adding more oil to the pan as necessary.
- Transfer the fritters to a plate. Garnish with dill and serve.
PREP TIME: 20 minutes
COOKING TIME: 15 minutes